|Hack Attack Rules|
Match Play Championship Rules:
1. Golfers will be split evenly into two flights (A and B) depending on index.
2. Each player will play up to 4 matches within your flight.
3. A win earns 2 points while a tie earns 1 point.
4. The top two point getters within each flight will advance to the semi-finals.
5. In the semi-finals, the No. 1 player in Flight A will play the No. 2 player in Flight B. The No. 1 player in Flight B will play the No. 2 player in Flight A. The winners will play each other to determine the champion.
6. The matches will be randomly drawn for every tournament but no one can play the same opponent twice.
7. If there is a tie for the top two spots in any flight after the four matches, the following tie breaker rules apply:
A. Most Golfer of the Year points accumulated though the first six tournaments of the year.
B. Average Net score of all matches played.
8. If there is a tie during the semi or final rounds, the following tie breaker rules apply:
A. Lowest Net score.
B. Match play back nine.
C. Most Golfer of the Year points for the year.
D. If there is still a tie (for the finals only) then the players will be named co-winners.
9. The matches will go on until the 2-day tournament in September. This gives everyone 6 chances to play 4 matches. The semi-finals will be held at the November tournament and the finals will be played at the January tournament the following year.
10. If any tournament has an odd number of players in each flight, the remaining two will play each other in an inter-flight match.
11. If any tournament has an odd number of players in only one flight, the odd person out can play a designated player in his or her flight. The designated player will be randomly picked but will only be used as a marker against the odd person out. In other words, the outcome of this match only affects the odd person out, not the designated player. The odd person out has the option of declining if he/she feels uncomfortable with this pseudo match.
12. The cost to enter is $20. Most Golfer of the Year points tie breaker applies.
Golfer of the Year Rules:
Points awarded to the top 5 finishers in each tournament. The player with the most points at the end of the year will be our Golfer of the Year trophy and win undisclosed cash.
Here is the breakdown of points:
The top 10 finishers at the end of the year will win money. In the event of a first place tie, the players will be named Co-Golfers of the Year and their names will be engraved on the trophy.